LAHA's desire is to demonstrate and build Godly character with a purpose to challenge and bring out the excellence in youth sports!
Current sports being offered:
Boys and Girls Basketball
- We are an independent Christian homeschool competitive sports program, not affiliated with any other entity.
- Everyone in our organization is 100% volunteer. Everyone pays the same fees for their kids to play as you do, with a discount given to those that coach.
- We have family maximums, scholarships, and fundraisers to help any in need so that no child is unable to join a team.
- We seek to have our teams play at the highest level of competition.
- Our families and organizations work together to overcome burdens of transport to practices and games by using various locations and ride sharing.
- We feel we have high quality coaches in both spiritual maturity and coaching knowledge.
- We try to be as accommodating as possible for every family but still we know that many of you can't be at every practice and game and our coaches are understanding of that. We practice and play at different sites to try and share the burden of families traveling from every direction. If you and your child want to be a part of this program, please don't let finances or other obstacles prevent that, we are here to help. We appreciate each and every one of you for all the effort and time you put in to making this such a joy to be a part of.
Our team makeup:
We try to maximize the playing time for each child by having them play both at their age level and giving opportunities for more experienced players to play some games at the next age level. Example - last year our 16U games were played by a mix of experienced 14U and less experienced or younger 18U players.
Players are assigned a primary team and some players will be asked to play on a secondary team. Parents can decide if they want the secondary team or not, thereby offering more playing time for those who really want it and less time for those that prefer to have less nights and travel occupied with sports. There is no additional charge for your secondary team.
We understand there are unique situations in each family and we will do our best to accommodate those. It is sometimes a difficult balance between being competitive and not compromising too much family time and we will do all we can to work that out with you.
Costs for 2023-24
Fees are different based on a number of factors but mostly on number of games and tournaments for each age group. You can find specific costs on each sport's page. We work really hard at keeping costs, player fees, uniform fees, etc. as low as possible for every family.
Player's will be assigned a primary team, by the coaches, based on age and experience. Your fee will correspond to the team you are assigned to.
All funds go directly to support our sports programs and we aim to provide fundraisers to cover all costs of play for those who prefer to, but fundraising is not mandatory. Our financial statement is available to the public upon request.
History of LAHA
In our first year, the 2015-2016 season, we fielded Boys and Girls 18U Soccer, Girls 14U and 18U Volleyball, Boys and Girls 14U and 18U Basketball and Boys 18U Baseball.
Our Girls 14U Volleyball had an undefeated season and were Regional Champions; our Girls Basketball had a winning season and were National Division Champs, and our Boys 18U Basketball had a winning season ending with 2nd place National Division Champs.
Year 2016-2017-we added a 12U boys basketball team.
Year 2018-2019-we added 16U girls volleyball and basketball teams.
Year 2019-2020- we added boys 10U basketball; our boys 12U basketball team went to the State Finals
LAHA CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS
Our board members are sacrificial and generous people who love to see young people have abundant opportunities in sports!
Sue Roehl -Chair
Mark Campbell- Vice Chair
All Board meetings are open for anyone to attend. Please feel free to contact any board member for more information.